Thursday, May 20, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 150: 2 shower day

11,365 steps

Today was a two-shower day. Eric and I were determined to finish hackhammering the rest of the ceiling, so we worked in the morning, cleaned up for lunch, and then I went back again for the afternoon. I got it all done and about 15 bags of debris filled.

By that time it was around 5 pm, so I called it a day.

It was so dusty that a cloud of dust leaked out into the hallway and created a haze in the staircase. We waited for the dust to settle and then washed the entire staircase down, top to bottom, including all of the handrails.

Zari spent her lunch hours prepping for the big oral presentation, the "brevet blanc oral." She came home smiling just a half hour later: it went great and the examiners asked her lots of questions, but fun ones. (We had prepped her by asking all sorts of questions, which in retrospect were university-level ones. Because that's what you get when both parents are PhD professors! Sometimes it's easy to forget that she's just 14.)

After I got cleaned up the second time, I watched Ivy and Inga at the park and chatted with other parents.

I didn't exercise today but I think jack hammering overhead for 6 or so hours counts as a decent workout.

These pictures are from yesterday. Note that Eric's jacket was black, underneath all the dust.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...