Friday, May 14, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 144: We've got fiber

12,386 steps

We had another appointment to get fiberoptic installed, and this time the technicians did their job. We had the exact same problem of not being able to get into the "local technique" a few streets down.

The first guy who came 2 weeks ago just shrugged and said, "Well, sorry, I can't get in so I can't hook up the fiberoptic. You'll need to find the key." Today, these new guys ran over to the mairie (town hall), found the person responsable for such things, brought the person over, got the access doors unlocked, and completed the install.

I went for a run this morning and then worked on my computer the rest of the morning. And again, in the afternoon, Eric and I worked on the communist apartment. We ran more wires and had a lot of discussions about what to do with the ceiling. We still haven't figured it out.

I had to do more drilling into the rocks, but I managed to wire the outlet boxes that will be embedded into our rock walls. The wires will be completely hidden inside the lime mortar.

I have an 11:30 pm Zoom meeting tonight. I hope I can sleep in tomorrow morning!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...