Monday, May 31, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 161: Another day, another wall

13,154 steps

After a morning run, I went through our receipts and added up how much we've spent on our communist apartment renovations so far. More than I expected but honestly I wasn't even sure where we were at all. It's amazing how quickly things add up. We've probably spent 300 Euros just on screws, washers, and nails!

I had an in-person meeting at the sécurité sociale office to sort out my carte vitale. The woman pulled up my files and exclaimed, "But this is a mess! You've submitted all the documents two, three, or four times! You have everything here, but it's all over the place in our system! I don't understand!" I kept saying, "yeah, I know!"

I think we got things sorted out. Like I've told them every time I've called, I have sent in all of the requested documents, some as many as 4 times. They indeed had multiple dossiers under both my married & maiden names. I even have a temporary number that I can start using. Now I wait for the final number...

This morning I treated a few more areas with the wood treatment (insects/rot). Once I got back from my meeting, Eric and I built a wall to divide the upstairs hallway. We built an extra-wide hollow double wall, wide enough to pass a 10 cm (4") sewer pipe through to train the back-to-back toilets. We got it in place but haven't attached it yet. Even better, we were able to build the whole thing out of scraps from our demolition.

I made saag feta for dinner. Yum. Then I had a Zoom meeting that took the rest of my evening. I'm working on a paper about twin birth outcomes at home attended by an obstetrician (Dr. Stuart Fischbein). A fun project!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...