Sunday, May 16, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 146: Swimming in a church

10,221 steps

We attended the baptism of a family we're friends with: a son who is about Ivy's age. While they were filling up the font, someone forgot to keep an eye on the water level, and it spilled all over and flooded the church. So that was exciting! Inga and Ivy had a hoot being on the cleanup crew.

That's about the most exciting thing that happened today. I had my usual walk to and from Cimiez, by myself both ways this time. I didn't mind--I had a good podcast to listen to.

I helped Zari all afternoon with her oral presentation for the brevet blanc. She is presenting about the differences between the French and American educational systems, mostly research-based but also with some things based on her own experiences. She is very glad that I have been lending her my awesome Powerpoint skills.

It wasn't my day to cook, but I ended up grilling eggplant (to be turned into baba ganoush) and making tiramisu for tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...