Wednesday, May 19, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 149: Getting serious about the ceiling

12,674 steps

It's the first day that restaurants and bars have been allowed to open for more than 7 months. Outdoors only for now. But they are packed! What a difference from the quiet streets we were used to.

Ivy was begging to go out and dance. We brought her out several times in the afternoon and evening and she still wasn't satisfied.

 

I felt much better today. Plenty of energy to work on the communist apartment in the afternoon. We decided to chisel off the other half of the ceiling. Yes, it's an enormous pain but there isn't really a good alternative. We got a bit more than 1/3 done in 2 hours.

I didn't have goggles on and I got all sorts of stuff in my eyes. I think I scratched my left eye. Oops. Why was I not wearing goggles? Well, because they fog up and I can't see! I haven't found a solution to that yet. But I've got to be better about wearing them when working overhead.

Zari has her brevet blanc oral tomorrow. She's looking forward to getting it done so she can celebrate and be done with the stress.

1 comment:

  1. You can buy anti fog wipes on Amazon. I got some for my glasses because wearing a mask with them makes them fog. The one I got can be reused 700 times.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...