Friday, May 28, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 158: Goodbye, wood worms

14,054 steps

I had a hard time waking up this morning. I laid in bed and pretended I was asleep until just before 8 am. Eric was kind enough to wake the kids up and get them ready. He came back in bed for a cuddle.

I went for a run and worked on video transcriptions most of the morning. Tedious but necessary.

After lunch we tidied up the communist apartment in preparation for wood treatment. I suited up and covered all of my skin, put on my respirator and safety google, and went to work. I sprayed all wood surfaces with a product that treats against wood-eating insects, rot, and mushrooms. Except for the main beams, which need to be sandblasted first to get the paint off, it's all treated in the back half.

Back home, I threw everything in the wash and took a shower as soon as I got in the door.

I took Ivy to the temporary gardens after school, and Eric took Inga to the coulee verte. I like having that down time in the late afternoon, where we just sit outside and talk with other parents while the kids run around. Eric's version of downtime is playing soccer with our kids, and often a large group of other children as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...