Sunday, May 09, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 139: Birthday party at the park

10,606 steps

Ivy's friend had a birthday party at the chateau. Ivy, Dio, and I went up in the morning. Eric and the others joined us at noon. It kept going...and going...I went home with Zari around 2 and the last people came back at 4:30 pm! Good times, though. It's nice to have days where we talk with friends and the kids run around and play and there's nothing else that needs to be done.

I wore my turquoise ombré dress for the first time since I dyed it last fall, along with a hammered silver necklace and my hair down. I like feeling more put together on occasion 🙂

I came home and got hit by a wave of exhaustion. I had a short nap and woke up feeling groggy and slow-limbed, like I'm walking through a vat of honey.

Dinner was country tomato bisque that I had made earlier and frozen, plus zucchini fritters. Nothing too heavy or complex since we had lots of snacks at the birthday party.

Eric and I had time to go on a longer walk this evening before curfew. I'm eagerly awaiting a later curfew so we can do our nightly walks again.

Some pictures Zari took for her art class.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...