Tuesday, February 09, 2021

French renovations, Day 50: Unplanned bike ride

2,685 steps (but many kilometers!)

As Zari and Dio were finishing lunch, Eric said to me, "Hey hon, do you want to go on a bike ride to St. Laurent-du-Var? I want to check out the sales at the Macron store." My first response was to say, "Nah, that's way too far!" But then I thought, "Why not?"

It's actually not as far as I thought. On bike, it took us 24 minutes, right about the same as in a car. It was a straight shot of 9 km on the bike path all the way. Eric made the return trip in 16 minutes, seeing how fast he could ride.

Alas, the Macron store was closed! Closed-closed, not just closed for lunch. We even checked the website before we left, but I guess it wasn't updated.

But it was a nice bike ride anyway.

I made great progress on writing a grant application. It's always easier once I get going.

No renovation work today.

This evening I helped Ivy make a present for a friend's upcoming birthday. I'd post pictures but need to wait until the birthday party is over since I don't want the friend to see! Ivy was delighted with the result.

I finished a really fun book: "The Starless Sea." It's a bit strange, a bit non-linear, with interesting language, and you think about it for a long time afterward. Zari's going to read it next. I probably shouldn't give it to her until the weekend, otherwise we won't see much of her for the next few days!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...