Wednesday, March 02, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 435: Inga is 11!!

7,774 steps

Well it's been a momentous, busy, loud, and hectic day. I'm going full speed preparing for Inga's big party this weekend. Today for birthday prep I...
- sewed 6 zippered pouches to hold magic wands, pencils, etc
- made a triple batch of frosting
- frosted and decorated Inga's cake
- sewed 4 Hogwarts flags, complete with little hanging loops, using scraps from my fabric box
- helped the kids make another batch of chocolate frogs

We did our ritual reading of Inga's birth story this morning before Zari and Dio left for school. (Accessible here on the right side bar.)

Inga had to wait all day to open presents and have birthday cake because of our crazy soccer schedule. Fortunately Dio's practice was cancelled, so we were able to find a time where everyone was at home.



Inga was full of energy and I kept remarking how loud and chaotic it felt at home. My cousin confirmed that yes, it wasn't just me--it really WAS loud and crazy! So much excitement cannot be contained.

Inga was thrilled with her birthday presents: a dragon necklack from me, a new school backpack from Eric, and potted flowers from Ivy, plus birthday cards from grandparents and friends.

I didn't realize how exhausted I was until I brought Zari to an orthodontist appointment this evening. Almost as soon as I sat down in the waiting room, I started falling asleep. I think I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow to put together her birthday video.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...