Friday, March 25, 2022

French apartment renovations, Days 458: Ivy is 9!

11,872 steps

My mind is not accepting that I last gave birth 9 YEARS AGO. I feel like it was a recent thing but I am probably in denial.


And since I woke up yet again at 5:45 am (not by choice), I am too tired to put together something elaborate for today.

We opened presents at lunchtime while Eric joined us on WhatsApp. He did the traditional reading of the birth story from his journal. We have decided to delay the birthday dinner & cake and candles and singing until he gets back. Ivy is very good at delayed gratification.

She got a new backpack (covered with many patches), 2 pairs of her favorite Adidas pants, and a box of chocolates. We went on a walk after dinner with her, Inga, and my cousin to find more patches. Ivy chose one with the Nicois eagle on it.

I needed to use the bathtub for something today...and this is what I found. Inga and Ivy had built up an entire civilization. I had to take it down but at least I got a picture first!


Okay, now the obligatory links to Ivy's birth:

1. Birth story: https://rixarixa.blogspot.com/2013/04/ivy-claires-birth-story.html

2. Birth video: https://rixarixa.blogspot.com/2013/04/ivy-claires-birth-story.html
It's somewhat edited, but not like these fancy-pants birth videos done by professional videographers that you'll see nowadays! All we had was a tripod 🙂

3. Birth photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/28821843@N03/sets/72157633248841697/show/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...