Thursday, March 17, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 450: Seriously, 450 days?

2,899 steps

I worked much of the day but very few steps showed up. Weird. Anyway we put up drywall in wall that separates the bedroom and bathroom. We had to reinforce the places where the light fixtures will go. (I just don't trust drywall to hold things!) So that took a while to add reinforcing boards for the 3 light fixtures and then to make the complicated drywall cut.


The first picture shows how I keep track of where the electrical lines are so I don't accidentally screw into them later on.


The 2nd picture shows back-to-back reinforcing with scraps of wood subfloor. The hole for the light fixture box will be in the center. Those lights won't be going anywhere!


Eric started adding missing beams back to the ceiling--rough beams that will support the boxes that go around the beams and that go cross-ways. It's hard to explain but it will make sense when you see the finished product.

I also realized, when I started typing this post, that we have been renovating for 450 days! That is a LONG TIME.

Still really fatigued today. I would suspect long Covid...but it just started about 2 weeks ago. And almost everyone else has gotten it recently as well. So probably not that. Maybe some other sort of virus? Is there a weak and tired virus?

I also got the rest of the baseboards caulked and all of the nail/screw holes filled in. I'll need to go back tomorrow to see if they need a bit more filling. And then I have to touch everything up with paint.

Oh! And I also applied the first coat of waterproofing membrane in the shower area. The shower base should arrive tomorrow. We can install it once the 2nd coat is dry.

 

I tag-teamed with Eric watching Ivy and Inga at the park after school.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...