Sunday, March 20, 2022

French apartment renovations, Days 452-453: Family time, soccer disappointments, and more family time

13,870 steps

We got all the kids outside yesterday morning. It was one of the rare Saturdays when we had the entire morning free of any scheduled events. It was overcast and windy, but we still enjoyed some down time at the beach. Eric napped, I read a book, Zari and Dio went on a scooter ride, and Ivy and Inga played on a big pile of rocks.

I joined the soccer marathon in the afternoon. Eric drove 30 minutes, dropped Ivy off at her game, drove 20 minutes to drop Inga and me off at her game, drove back to watch Ivy's game. Meanwhile we sat around and waited...and waited...for Inga's game to start. It was cold and windy and despite multiple layers I couldn't get warm enough. Finally, Eric and Ivy showed up and Inga's match still hadn't started! It was a disappointing afternoon for both girls: Ivy's team lost 8-1 and Inga's team lost 2 mini matches. But Inga scored the only goal in both matches and it was beautiful--a lovely curving kick that went just inside the upper corner of the goal.

I was so tired last night that I headed to bed early. It was actually not that early (10:30 pm), which used to be my normal bedtime until a few years ago...my bedtime is now about midnight because that's when Eric goes to bed. In a small apartment, I can't really go to sleep if he is up in the living room. Our sleeping loft has windows that overlook the living room and even the heavy curtains don't block out the light entirely.

And then my plans to go to sleep early were foiled because Eric came up and we had some Very Important Things to talk about. Mainly religion and parenting.

Today was much more relaxing. We watched a movie together in the afternoon. And I had some time to read. I even snuck in a short cat nap.

(These pictures are from last week's tournament, where Ivy's team played much better. One shows her just after she'd kicked the ball into the net.)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...