Friday, March 04, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 437: Less dust, more drywall, even more cupcakes

13,451 steps

We carried up all the drywall and installed it in the shower and sink areas. I also plastered in a lot of the electrical lines.

Oh, and I think I figured out the culprit in the mysterious electrical problem in Le Catamaran. So, the way the French systems work is that there are these sets of prongs (one neutral, one hot) that plug into the tops of a row of circuit breakers. After eliminating most other possiblities, and hearing from my cousin that she was hearing some kind of sparking/crackling noises from the circuit breaker, I had a suspicion. Maybe there was dirt/dust/debris that had fallen in the holes where the prongs go into. When we were renovating, we had the prongs out for a while.

So I turned off the power to that area, pulled out both sets of prongs, unhooked the row of breakers, and turned them all upside-down. A shower of debris fell out! Aha! Then I gave the breakers a good vacuuming and hooked everything back up. She's going to test out her washing machine and see if it functions without losing power.

And...lots more birthday party prep this evening. We made 24 baby mandrake cupcake toppers with marzipan. Then we also made sorting hats out of cocoa-tinted marizpan for *another* 24 cupcakes! My cousin baked a second batch this evening.

On top of all of this, Ivy got invited to a birthday party tomorrow, which means we need to make a present for not one but two girls because it's for twins. So we have to make two sea glass art pictures tomorrow morning. Whew!

And...I went running this morning. A good day but very busy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...