Tuesday, October 03, 2023

Both Eric and I had disturbed sleep last night. I was up at 3 am for no particular reason and just couldn't get back to sleep for a while. I need a mildly interesting ebook that I can read at night that holds my interest for just a few minutes.

I was so tired that I biked Ivy to school rather than ran her. I did a partial workout after I got home and called it good. Then, of course, I had my usual long walk while working at my desk.

And...I'm boring myself with this post. What else? Ivy spent the entire afternoon and evening doing homework and got to bed more than an hour late. It's too much! I might have to write to her teacher and let her know that we're restricting homework to 1 hour max. After that, time is up. She needs to be free to play, eat dinner, go to soccer practice, and just have some down time. We went through the same thing with this teacher when Zari was in 5th grade. "Oh, but it shouldn't take that long!"

"Oh, but it *does* take that long!"

Zari had an away game that Eric and Inga went to. Inga was there to be a ball girl. They were tied 1-1 and went into overtime, finally losing on a shootout. Dio also had an away game and they won.

We have one more day of hot weather, and then it's going to cool off abruptly. Enjoy it while it lasts. I'll probably be switching out the screens for the storm windows this week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...