Saturday, October 14, 2023

Marathon food prep day

After a nice morning not having to wake up in the dark, I decided to exercise first thing. I focused on legs today, which allowed Ivy to exercise with me using my arm bands on her legs! We felt "the burn" and were moaning about it as we were running up stairs, jumping, and lunging.

Next up: tackle the rest of the pears. They were ripe enough to turn into pear sauce. I ended up with slightly more than 7 quarts (~28 liters) of pear sauce and 2 quarts (~ 8 liters) of pear juice. My original plan was to freeze the sauce, but I had enough canning supplies so I went ahead and canned the sauce, too.

I also pressure cooked garbanzo beans and made a huge batch of hummus.

Inga helped me make a batch of Rice Krispie treats.

By then, it was time to prep dinner! (Don't worry, we all took a break mid-afternoon to watch 2 episodes of Loki.) I made a big salad with hardboiled eggs, plus quesadillas for dinner.

It rained a bit today, so it was a good day to be indoors. We watched more Loki this evening and finished season 1.

During this kitchen marathon, I had the kids to some Saturday chores (vacuuming and washing their sheets). Eric did a huge grocery trip, which was very much needed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...