Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Filming

I filmed all day until 4 pm, went home and transferred files onto my hard drive, then finally got something to eat at 5 pm! I was so hungry by then. I ate at Nine Mile and my only regret is that my dish wasn't spicy enough.

We had some technical difficulties when we arrived at the photograhy studio. It had gorgeous banks of windows with soft filtered light...and no soundproofing at all! We heard every car and semi-truck driving by on the highway.

So we had to film in a little tiny bedroom--almost more of a large closet--with very little natural light. We brought in several diffuser lamps and made do.



I hadn't planned to be in front of the camera. That was David Hayes' job! But we had the idea to make one of the lectures more of a conversation with the two of us. I was wearing my schleppy clothes (yoga pants and a tank top) and wished I had brought something a bit more fancy! But it worked.


At the end of filming, I told David, "Thank you for letting me torture you." It's not fun being filmed but it's a necessary evil in our line of work.

I just ended a late evening Zoom meeting. I'm going to read until I fall asleep. Bonne nuit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...