Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Swimming

The highlight of the day was going to the university swimming pool. We met up with some friends, so I got to talk with the mom while the kids swam. I eventually got the courage to go in the water. It was chilly! I eventually was not warm, but not shivering, after swimming several lengths.

I brought Zari to the middle school parking lot to practice driving, but there were a few cars parked in the middle and it spooked her. So she got all of 30 seconds of practice before we called it. I want to try again tomorrow in a much larger parking lot. We'll try the high school first and hope there aren't any events going on.

This evening Eric brought Inga to a soccer practice an hour+ away. The rest of us started a fire and made smores. As the fire was burning down to embers, Zari and Ivy and I sat around talking about things like death and burial practices and wondering what makes us "us."


I did a bit more sewing today. Inga now has a leather thigh holster for her golden knife and most of the silver clasps sewn onto her vest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...