Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Out of water

I'm so tired! I woke up around 5 am and couldn't sleep. So I read in bed until my alarm went off. It was okay during the day when I was moving...but when I sat down this evening and started reading, zzzzzzz.

We carried Ivy's props to school this morning in my bike baskets. She's giving her presentation tomorrow. I think it turned out quite well, considering she made the whole thing in one afternoon! My big contribution were the mini hangers and mini coats out of felted wool scraps.







I put off exercising until mid-day because I was tired. When I was done, I went into the bathroom to shower. No water came out. I tried the sink: nothing. I had a horrible sinking feeling: oh great, we have a broken water line somewhere in our yard or house. But then I remembered seeing a lot of street construction and digging right around the corner. They're installing a new water main. I hopped on the utiltiy's website and sure enough, there was a notice of work being done today. No water until 5 pm, it predicted.

I didn't fancy spending the rest of my day unshowered, so I biked to the university athletic center to get cleaned up.

Inga and Eric were gone at a soccer game. Poor Eric. He's gone pretty much every evening. I mean, he likes going to the games but he's hardly ever around in the evenings due to soccer.

My work day was tedious. I like to joke that the secret to being a researcher is "having a high tolerance for boredom." But it's entirely true, and today was one of those days. I was combing through last year's research, organizing it all into themes, cutting and pasting all of the citations and abstracts, and then formatting the text. If I hadn't been walking at my treadmill desk, I'm sure it would have put me to sleep! There is interesting research, but the work I was doing today wasn't really focused on reading the information.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...