Saturday, April 24, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 124: Restless nights & restful afternoons

9,184 steps

We had a rather crazy night. I slept fitfully until 5 am, then I was wide awake for 2 hours. I gave up trying to sleep and read with the phone as dim as possible. My arm was quite sore last night, probably the reason why I didn't sleep well. By the end of today it was back to normal.

Soon after I woke up, I heard footsteps...and then the living room light turned on! It was Dio--he woke up and couldn't sleep so I guess turning the lights on at 5 am seemed like a good idea?? We have windows that overlook the living room, so I rapped on the window and sent him back to bed.

But apparently he took Inga's Rubik's cube to bed and played with it in bed, which then woke Inga up.

Oh, and Eric was awake at 5 am, too.

So that was fun. I usually go running on Saturday mornings but opted for walking and running errands.

I found cake pans this morning while everyone else was playing soccer. I took advantage of the quiet house to get more breech work done (transcribing our online courses in preparation for translating the captions into other languages).

We had another lovely afternoon at the beach. We all got a bit too much sun, just a slight sunburn. Ivy and Inga swam a lot but I didn't have the courage to go in today. Eric caught another fish.


I spotted a guerilla garden near our house. I love the idea, although there isn't enough soil to grow anything substantial. I might contribute some plants or pots.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...