Tuesday, April 06, 2021

French renovations, Day 106: Home school & parks

Day 1 of quarantine schooling. I remember why it was to tough a year ago during our full lockdown. We can never get any work done having 4 kids competing for time on our two computers (both of which are work computers, in theory!).

At least it's just one week. Then we're on school holiday for 2 weeks.

In the afternoon, we headed to a skatepark at the edge of Nice. Dio was hoping to do scooter tricks. But after about 10 minutes, he and Eric left and joined the rest of us at a nearby park/playground. It was AMAZING! It had huge towers connected with rope/net bridges and a super tall steep slide.

So today was good, even though we parents got very little work done. I walked home with Zari and Dio because I needed to get dinner started. It was a bit over 5km or 3 miles. It was great to walk home with the kids (they were on scooters so they had it easy!) and talk about all sorts of things, including how the stories we tell about historical figures and religious leaders often have very little to do with the true messy history.

I didn't get home until close to 6 pm, which meant dinner didn't happen until close to 8. I'm not used to eating so late! With intermittent fasting, I usually open my eating window between 1-2 pm and close it at 6 pm when possible.

I have some fun videos but it's too late to get to them tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...