Monday, January 02, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 580: Rusty paint

11,265 steps

Nice run this morning, although it was hard to wake up at 8 am. Tomorrow's 7 am alarm is going to be hard on all of us!

I opened a mostly-full 20 liter bucket of satin wall paint that we used in Le Catamaran. I started painting but soon discovered that the can had started rusting and staining the paint! I rolled quite a bit but as I used up more paint, the rust streaks became more prevalant. I finally gave up. I will have to buy an entirely new bucket of paint. So frustrating as it's only a year old or so and not useable!

Ivy had to do a swimming test today in preparation for sailing, which her school class does once a week. She passed, of course, and then spent another 20 minutes swimming for fun.

I had a long breech debrief this evening. The kids all had homework to finish up. Eric is deep in book writing and revising.

My parents arrive on Thursday. They'll be staying almost 3 months and my dad and I will be doing a lot of renovating together! We're very excited to have them stay for so long. I put a spare twin mattress up in the attic for Zari, since my parents will be staying in her bedroom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...