Thursday, January 12, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 590: A very expensive baguette

13,314 steps

The air was crisp this morning. I kept my light jacket on during my entire run. It usually comes off at some point and I am left in just a t-shirt.

Lots more great progress today on the Communist apartment. Now that Eric's new textbook is submitted to the publisher, he can help us out! We worked on the ceiling most of the day, putting up missing pieces of woodwork, filling in the rim joists with spray foam, and doing lots of other odds and ends. I'm feeling confident that we'll actually get this ceiling rebuilt and restored!


When my dad was eating lunch today, he built himself a delicious baguette sandwich. He bit down....and broke off an entire tooth! My dentist is closed today, so we brought him to a big detail office on Jean Medecin that does urgent care dentistry as well as all of the normal stuff. He will need a crown for the tooth (still relatively expensive even here in France, but less than in the US).

He was impressed by the speed of our visit, by the quality of the machinery and equipment, and the low price for the consultation (2 x-rays and a visit with a dentist = 23 Euros).

Eric and I were able to go on a walk this evening. Zari is at a soccer practice and Dio is finishing up a virtual class. I'm excited to get back to renovation work tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...