Wednesday, January 11, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 589: Ivy meets Brigitte Macron, mayor Christian Estrosi, and Didier Deschamps

4,428 steps

Ivy's soccer team got invited to a big event in Nice today. The main guest/speaker was Didier Deschamps. Also present were Nice's mayor Christian Estrosi and the president's wife, Brigitte Macron.


Ivy was RIGHT next to all three of them! No big deal, just hanging out with the president's wife, the mayor, and a super famous French soccer coach. She didn't even realize who Brigitte was until after it was done.






The other kids were jealous that they weren't invited!

My dad and I installed the other three windows this morning, one in the kitchen and two in the bedroom (on the mezzanine). I applied the spray foam and then had to call it a day since I had some breech work to catch up on before our busy soccer afternoon.






Here's how our afternoons work: first, Ivy and Eric go to practice, which starts at noon. As soon as they come back, we load up into the car. I drop Eric and the girls off at Cavigal and continue on to Dio's club, about 10 minutes further from Cavigal. I wait 2 hours until Dio has finished practice, then drive back to Cavigal and pick everyone up.

Because my parents are here, Ivy didn't have to come with me. While I was waiting for Dio, I went to a big furniture consignment store. Then I sat in the car and read a book ("Disloyal" by Michael Cohen) and found myself nodding off a few times.

My mom made goulash for dinner. Yum!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...