Monday, January 09, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 587: Windows!!

4,070 steps and SO MUCH sawdust

Our windows arrived this morning. Eric's friend, who is a window installer, helped arrange the delivery with two of his guys, and then Eric's friend stayed and helped us put the two big ones in. We were very glad to have his help, since they were enormous.



While Eric was helping them pick up and deliver the windows from the factory, my dad and I took the old windows off and then framed in both openings until everything was square and flush.

I tied the shutters closed in two different places to ensure no one fell out the windows.

Eric's friend finished before noon. I stayed on to frame and square the two bedroom windows. We are down to small scraps of wood now, so I couldn't find anything the right size. I finally had to use our last big salvaged beam (about 8x11 cm and 250 cm long) and rip it into useable lumber. Which means...loads of sawdust. I forgot to hook up the shop vac until I was halfway through the project.

Even this old worm eaten beam, which looked terrible on the outside, was gorgeous once it was cut open. It's too bad we won't see any of the wood!

My mom made a delicious lemon chicken Greek soup. She also went grocery shopping to several different stores. My dad helped me all day. I think I have worn my parents out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...