Tuesday, January 10, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 588: This & that

15,234 steps

The sea was calm this morning when I went running. That was good news for Ivy, who has sailing class on Tuesdays. Two of her classmates fell into the water when they were getting off their boats at the end of the class. She wished she had fallen in--she would have loved to have a swim!

My dad and I worked on lots of little projects today. I got the window openings primed and painted so we can put the last three windows in tomorrow morning. My dad did a big cleanup and organization, getting things ready for pouring cement in the peripheral areas of the floor. We're not quite ready to start but at least it's cleaner now. I applied spray foam around the two big windows, let it cure, and trimmed it down. I also painted the second coat of waterproofing membrane in the shower and painted a few more areas that needed shellac sealing.

We've had a dehumidifer that has been leaking intermittently, from somewhere inside the compressor. My dad took it apart today, couldn't find anything visible. Finally, he had the idea to put a straw into the little hole where the water is supposed to come out. He sucked...and out came a wad of lint! That was the culprit.

I had to run to the big Carrefour to buy more school notebooks.

I showed my parents my favorite French renovating Youtube channel (Les Jeromes) and we watched two episodes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...