Saturday, January 07, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 585: Grandparents' grand arrival

They are finally here, after 4 days of traveling. Last night was a bit crazy because the kids and Eric didn't get back until after 1 am, and it took me a while to fall back asleep. Then we got woken up again from some loud noises in our staircase, so then I was up for a while (reading) until I could fall back asleep.

Inga had a soccer game in the arly afternoon, but unfortunately it didn't go very well. My parents arrived around 1 pm. We had lunch and then showed them our progress on the Communist apartment. Last time they were there, we had just installed the mezzanine structure and not done much else.

I was called away unexpectedly most of the afternoon and evening so the kids took my parents out for a nice long walk along the sea. It was warm and sunny, which my parents greatly appreciated, coming from snow-bound Minnesota.

We watched Oblivion tonight and had a fun time with our running commentary, MST3K style. Another late bedtime for the kids tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...