Monday, January 23, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 602: Flooring, beam boxes, fatigue

4,094 steps

The flooring for the downstairs part of the apartment (kitchen, living room, dining room, WC) arrived this morning. This time the delivery truck had a pallet loader so they were able to drop the pallet off right at our front door.


From there we carried it up in two stages: first into the entry hall, and then later up 2 flights of stairs (with a lot of help from two young men who kindly helped out).

We got the next big beam all boxed in by the end of the day, including the writing for the two chandelier lights. Exactly what we were hoping to accomplish!


I had a 2-hour long breech meeting right after dinner and then a few hours of breech-related work and emails.

I also couldn't get to sleep last night until well after 3 am, so I'm REALLY tired. I'm still feeling a bit unwell. I can't point to anything specific but definitely feel off.

Can I express yet again how thankful I am to have my parents here? My mom has been taking care of shopping and cooking and my dad works alongside me every day. I cooked dinner tonight (with some chopping help from my mom) and of course she got all the ingredients from the grocery store. It has freed up so much time for us to focus on getting this apartment done. We ate Tuscan Butter Gnocchi, a regular favorite, with leftover Streusel Kuchen for dessert.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...