Thursday, January 19, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 598: Carpentry

We worked on cutting and installing moldings (piece #1 of 2) that make up an elaborate crown molding inside each square of the ceiling. The entire room is divided into 6 squares (2 wide and 3 deep).

It will make a lot more sense once I show pictures, trust me!

Not much else to report today. There's a huge strike all over France to protest raising the retirement age from 62 to 64. Our kids had several teachers missing, no "cantine" for Ivy, no trams or busses. Zari rode her bike to soccer practice. I was going to go with her, but we couldn't get our bike pump to work because the ball needle adapter snapped off when still inside the pump tube.

Ivy is helping my mom with French lessons. It's so cute to hear her be the teacher.

I should have gone running but was too eager to get renovating and a bit wimpy due to the cooler temperatures. It was 2C (37 F) this morning and that's cold for my running gear (capris, t-shirt, and a very light jacket). Honestly, that's more of an excuse than anything else because I'm sure I would warm up once I got going!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...